Thursday, July 23, 2009

DIsney day 1

Our first day at Disneyland.

This was our first picture with the castle and Hunters Face says it all....
We took a left and went straight into Adventure land and we went on the Jungle Cruise ride.
.
After we shot a few hippos that tried to eat us, we climbed to the top of Tarzans Treehouse.


Hunter and I decided to go on the Indiana Jones ride next, we had a fast pass so we bypassed the line which ended up being a bad thing. We were on the ride for about a minute when all of a sudden it stopped moving and all the lights came on, then Indianas voice came on telling us something was wrong with our jeep and to sit tight, for about 4 minutes I thought this was part of the ride....turns out it wasnt. We sat in the Jeep on the track for 30 minutes before the ride resumed again, this ended up making the ride quite scary because we thought it would break down and kill us LOL. HUnter did not appreciate the Indy ride. I took these pictures with my iPhone...

Here is where we were stopped, Indiana kept peeking his head out of the door and talking, uhm hello HELP US INDY!

Hunter looking concernicus
Our fellow trapeesGetting a bit bored.

So after that "success"

We went over to Pirares of the Caribean, awesome ride! No pictures though....

Here we are in Fantasy land! Our first ride over there was the Teacups, I generally hate spinning but since it had no wait they won my attention.




We rode a few other rides in Fantasyland and then walked into Toontown, and who did we see??? GOOFY!



He was the first character I met when I went in 1997 and the first one we ran into this time. hes a popular guy.

We played around on all the different Toon Town stuff...

Hunter trying to blow up the bank.

Help were in Jail!
I have a picture in this same spot with my brother Nick and I when we went 10 years ago.


Here I am training for the Worlds Strongest Woman contest...
Off to Goofys house!
Then Hailey drove us over to Mickeys House....


Hunter liked his furniture
Look who we found in the movie barn!

In tomorrow land we ran into Mr. Buzz Lightyear



Hunter and I went on Star Tours and R2D2 Flew us to Endor moon. (Hunter and Russ went on this ride 6 times)
After Star Tours we went into the Arcade to hide from the sun for a little bit.



We then went and did a bunch of Tomorrowland rides and then caught the Train and rode it around the park.

Waiting for the Train....

We got off back at Toon Town and caught our first glimpse of the Celebration parade, we also noticed that EVERYONE was watching the parade and NO ONE was in line for Its a Small World, so we took the opportunity and got right on with no waiting.

Love hunters amazement face in this one :)The sun was finally going away after a Super hot day so we stayed in Fantasyland.

Here we are waiting for Mr. Toads Wild Ride.
Heres hailey trying to steal my nose while waiting for Mr. Toad
Then we hit up the Carousel, its a classic!
We found the Sword in the Stone and all took a shot trying to pull it out....No future kings in our group unfortunately.







We ate dinner and were debating waiting in line for Dumbo when all of a sudden they shut it down to prepare for the fireworks, we took the opportunity to stand right by the entrance to the ride and caught the firework show from behind the castle. When it was over, we got on the Dumbo ride first, SCORE!




That about sums up our first day! We went on a total of 22 rides that day, pretty awesome!

3 comments:

The Hunt Family said...

how fun, awesome pics! I cannot wait to take Zoey this fall. I bet she is be scared of the tea cups....she is not nearly as brave as Hailey.

Florencia said...

You are lucky to have a camera and a iphone to tell the history ,my 3 trips are in my memory .I love to see you all happy and you must save this for rainy days to show it to the children over and over so they can see what amazing mom they have and Daddy to .

mel @ the larson lingo said...

So fun!!! Love all the pics! Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I can't wait to take the girls....maybe next summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...