We started our Thursday morning with my Husband reenlisting to stay in the United States Army for 4 more years. Its our 3rd reenlistment since he was deployed in Iraq in 2005.
I love the tradition of the reenlistment, it is done in front of his whole Unit.
The wives are given a certificate too.
Us Army Wives are just as much in as our husbands. They may be the ones who deploy and physically go to work, but we stay home and do all the other work :)
Hey Someones got to clean those ACU's!
My certificate of appreciation
"On the occasion of the Reenlistment of your spouse I wish to extend to you my personal gratitude and the appreciation of the United States Army for the assistance you have provided during the Army service of your spouse. The Army family life is a special experience with its own unique rewards and challenges. I share your pride in the contributions you have made, and I trust that you will support your spouse's decision and objectives in continuing an Army career"
The Army also traditionally gives you some gifts for reenlistment. This time he scored a laptop bag, an ACU blanket and a Coffee Mug, SAWEEET!
The first 2 times Russ forgot to thank his lovely wife and I gave him hell for it. Now he Thanks me first!
Train em well!
After our Army filled morning my hubs got the day off and we were just relaxing at home when we got word that our First duty station was in the midst of a tragedy.
As im sure everyone heard a gunmen went crazy and killed and wounded our fellow Army family members. My prayers are and will continue to be with anyone who was affected by this tragedy and for our old home of Fort Hood.





As im sure everyone heard a gunmen went crazy and killed and wounded our fellow Army family members. My prayers are and will continue to be with anyone who was affected by this tragedy and for our old home of Fort Hood.
Fort Hood was the beginning of Army life for me. When I met my husband he was stationed there. It was the first post I ever went on, it was the first time I ever experienced the military.
We were Married in Fort Hood.
We welcomed Russ home from Iraq in Fort Hood.
We made lifelong friends in Fort Hood.
Our beautiful Daughter was born in Fort hood.
She was also baptized here.
Fort Hood was my first home away from Denver.
Fort Hood holds a big place in our hearts and it always will.
4 comments:
Ok, Nat! Make me cry!
We too made life long friends at Ft. Hood!! we are praying for our Army Family as well.
My little Louise May Alcot daughter The great family writer did it again .Wonderful story lovely pictures and you made me cry .I am proud of the army wife .Nathalie
If Russ forgot 2 times to thank you lovely wife just think when dad forgot to put my name for grandmas add in the death section .
I felt like the nobody of the whole world .
Post a Comment