Friday, May 7, 2010

Military Spouse Appreciation Day

President Barack Obama signed a proclamation yesterday making May 7, 2010 Military Spouse appreciation day. 

I found this on a news Article....

Here’s to you, the one who waits, no matter the distance, no matter the time. Here’s to you, the one who fights your own battle at home, between the tears and sleepless nights. Here’s to you, the one who will never give up, even when everything around you seems to be falling down.
And here’s to you, because while people may think they know how tough it is to be a hero, no one but us will ever know how tough it is to love one… 

My Soldier friend said "nothing i went through in the military ever compared with the things that military spouses have to go through." We are Super Heroes!

I was on the phone yesterday with USAA and she told me I was an unsung hero, and thanked me for being married to a soldier. Well, you're welcome!


As a Military Spouse, I have survived my share of days deployed in Iraq, soon to be a one year tour in Korea, and millions of TDY's which is Military for "Business trip," Which actually My Soldier is currently on. He "had" to go to Monterey, CA for about 48 hours, poor guy.

Being in the military can be very tough and crazy at times, It takes a certain type of person to be able to handle the stress and the craziness they throw at you. The thing that helps us make it through is our fellow Military buddies! Without you guys this would be insanely difficult and not worth the journey. Since joining the Military world, I now have friends in just about every state and tons of different countries. NO Matter where we go, we will surely know someone.


Anyway...Its nice to be appreciated, thanks Mr. President! 

Just for kicks on this glorious official holiday....here is a little military trip down memory lane.

Saying Goodbye to Russ before he got on a plane to Iraq.

Some last kisses in the Car

The guys doing a gig in Iraq
Rock Band in Iraq


Waiting in the gym for the guys to come home from Iraq
I dont know that the fog was necessary...made it super hard to breathe and impossible to detect your husband wearing the same thing as everyone in a cloud of smoke.
Found him!

Getting "church" married after he came home

Did you know Russ and I were married while in different countries? We did a proxy....thats a whole other story!


This is a few months ago, Re-enlisting for another 3 years of fun
Gotta get the wife too!
I found out I was pregnant 3 days after this....


I have a lot more buried in folders...however my brain is a bit "prego" today and I'm having a hard time thinking.

Thanks to all my Military Spouse buddies out there for supporting me and letting me support you right back! 

I know we get this day recognized now, but we deserve some appreciation every single day!

2 comments:

Florencia said...

Once again another great article written by my favorite author how nice of you to like what MR Obama wrote .
He is so right about the spouses .
I love the pictures also
Mom

Florencia said...

I am reading your blogs At Columbine library and maybe is that he is leaving soon or maybe is that you are my daughter and you made me proud to be the moms soldier 's wife and I am the proud mother in law ,but booo I am crying .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...