Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Three is a jerk.

Owen, Today I asked you what you wanted for lunch, rookie mistake. You handed me a box of mac and cheese, I cooked, and gave you a bowl. You gave it one look of disgust and said "banana!" I'm sorry you cant have a banana right now, eat your lunch and ill give you a banana. Cue screaming tantrum.
Now you're in bed, hopefully taking a nap. (update 10 minutes later, not napping....mad at polar express for being on the wrong part)
Yesterday at a water park, you scaled a wall and stood on top like a mighty bird,  during the 3 seconds I had to pay and handed the clerk my card. Boy did you scare the crap out of the lady behind me, she found it necessary to curse at me and question my skills as a mother. Awesome.


A few days before this, it was snack time and you wanted a banana....I peeled it and noticed the bottom half was black so I cut the bad part off and handed it to you. You gave me a look of "what is your problem!?' and screamed "banana, fix it!" you wanted it put back together, because who in their right mind eats a cut in half banana?


Then there was that one time when you wanted your shoes on, so we put them on and then you were so mad at me for listening to you. You took them off, then got mad that they were off.


There was also a time I said you were my third time is the charm kid. So happy, sweet, caring, adventurous....

Then you turned three and all bets were off.


I know playing at the park is super hard.


 like the time I made you chocolate milk, and used the blue spoon instead of the pink spoon to stir in the milk. So you promptly threw your cup across the room.

You are a great kid, until your idea doesn't fly with the rules of safety, or mom and dad.


 As long as we go where you want to go at the time you want to go, you are fantastic!
 but remember that time you wanted some Goldfish crackers, so you decided to climb the pantry shelves? Luckily we saved you.
 and remember that other time at the zoo where you desperately wanted to see the giraffes, so we went and then you screamed elephant!!!!
 or that 1000th time where you decided to fall asleep at 8pm and make us celebrate until you woke up at 11 and partied til 3 am?
 until then, keep laying down in protest in public places....and we will continue to document these days


                   I  know you can't talk, I know you have all these brilliant ideas but no execution.
 I know your 4th birthday will be the biggest party we've EVER thrown you, for a year of survival and celebration.
I love you kid, but holy crap.....eat the banana!


Three is a real jerk.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is freaking hilarious. I love it!

Dave said...

Love this blog. This is going to be a treasure for your children when they are older! Keep it up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...