Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Afterbath

Do you have a dog?

I have a dog, I think he is the best dog....but of course he is my dog.

One of the funniest things about dogs, is the afterbath....where you went and you made them clean against their will. They will try just about anything to get that evil water off of them.

I have learned NOT to let Max out in the backyard after a bath because he will head straight for the dirt. Now I take him out on the front porch which is all concrete.

This is Max Afterbath.

Does your dog do the afterbath dance?

Step 1. Shake off the evil cleanliness


Step 2. Contemplate your next move....
Step 3. Do the shake move again.
Step 4. Rub along all the walls do try and rub the evil clean off.
Step 5. Shake again....Then repeat steps 1-5 until you have achieved your goal.

4 comments:

Nicki Miller said...

This is soooo true. Our dog in NC does the same thing. We make sure she's done her 'business' before giving her a bath b/c we won't let her outside for a while afterwards.

Florencia said...

Those are very good observations and I never thought to take the dog in the front yard .
Last year Willy ( cat ) took a bath because she was engorged after loosing her babies to adoption, and she loved the warm water. All over the chest .
I like to see Max scratching the wall and he looks even thin and tinny .
Now when will you give Russ his bath so we can see him scratching by the wall ????
Mama xxxxxxx

Cami said...

That's what my dogs do too. Gimli also likes to jump on the couch/beds/etc and bury himself in the pillows and blankets while rolling all over the place (he's a mini doxie so not a big dog).

The Hunt Family said...

ugh...the "Afterbath"

BARF

you have Adam's sense of humor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...