Friday, October 16, 2009

We call her Curly Sue....

Do you see why?




When she was born, she had NO hair at all....it stayed that way for a few months when this happened....

Do you see it?
She grew a little curl right in the middle of her forehead! That is the only hair she rocked on her head until after her 1st birthday. The lone curl got more and more prominent,
until one day POOF, our lil Curly head grew her mop.


We loved the poem
There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,

Right in the middle of her forehead,

When she was good she was very very good,
but when she was bad she was horrid.

Very fitting.



EVERYWHERE I take her people ask me "Where did she get her curls from?" To answer that, it came from both grandmas, both great grandmas and me. My curls were not as great as Hailey, they were weak curls who lost the fight. I think Haileys will be in for the long run.

Sometimes when people ask me "Where did she get her curls?!" I will say "Oh at Target!" :)
I know if her curls stick around until shes a teen- grownup she will probably hate them.
But I absolutely LOVE that my little girl has curls.

4 comments:

Florencia said...

You are always so great to describe things .
I love the pictures, when my mom was with me since Marta Ines had straight hair like you now the will ask her if she could recommend the Saloon where I got my perm and I was less than 2 years .
My mom said that nobody in the family ever got curls like mine and so did Papu so I was told by my mean sister that I was adopted to make me sad .
Silvia had curls not as thick and Ceci had Straight hair .
I had curls until I was 8 but I have not straight hair for sure.
Did Kate had curls ?
Hailey will be a pretty and beautiful and one day she will probably said how come I don't have blue eyes ???? we are never happy with our bodies and features .So we need to tell the constantly how special they are to be like that .

Cinemarella said...

As someone cursed (hee) with curls herself, I did indeed hate them as a teen (which is when my hair actually became curly)...but now I love them! They're way low maintenance, and I almost never have to brush my hair! ;D

Brandi Johnson said...

Yes I sooo want her curls.

Marisa said...

I LOVE her and her curls! She is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...