Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Parenting moment of the year.

 So as most of you know our Guinea pig died this week...

Well this morning we woke up to discover that our betta fish named Noodle that we have had for almost a year had also died.


We didnt want to tell the kids, and devastate them all over again so while they were at school Owen and I went to Petsmart, they didn't have a fish that looked even remotely like him. So then we went to Petco and SAME thing.

So i settled on this guy.... I mean hes practically Noodles twin right?


 I came up with some crazy story just incase they asked.  Did YOU know that fish completely change color on their birthday?! I didn't know either!

Hailey comes home from school today and after awhile she goes up to the fish tank and says "HI noodle how are you.....what?! You're not noodle!" so I intervened and said "Hailey its his birthday! They change color on their birthday" she then goes "Oh......(long pause) Happy birthday noodle!" then skipped away.

Hunter is happily distracted for now and hasnt noticed "noodles" new coat.


You do what you gotta do....right?

3 comments:

Marta Silvestre said...

Most creative mom!!! So sweet!!

Florencia said...

She is amazing it made me so proud

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Oh my gosh, that is funny! About changing colors on the birthday, not the dead fish :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...