Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Owens One in a Flash

Owens first birthday party was a huge success. It was definitely the best party I ever put on! I've never done all the decor myself, You usually would find me scanning the dollar store for just a couple streamers and a matching tablecloth! However I ended up spending less money than I wouldve on a boring character party!

This year I saw over on The Macs blog she had the cutest party for her son and I knew I had to throw one for Owen.

Here are some shots from the party and the decoration!

The table all ready for guests, the colors as you can see were Orange, light blue, and white.


We had orange Reeses Pieces, orange Juicy Juice, and orange Kool aid.
Those white things in the corner? White fudge dipped Oreos, those were to die for!!!

The polk a dot box is the time capsule, with the invitation I sent everyone an orange index card with a note asking them to give an 18 year old Owen some advice they wished they had!
We got such great responses I loved reading through them all.

I made Owens invite using photoshop and some good old GIF art for the film strip.



Another view of the table. We gave out disguises as party favors and had popcorn as munchies.

My lovely husband modeling the party favors

 This is the reason I knew we had to do this, perfect for a photo holic! 
I made the banner out of card stock and ribbon also. The numbers say 1-12 corresponding with a picture from that month of Owens life. The beautiful prints came from my printing company, thanks WHCC!

 I made 30 lips and mustaches for party fun, and even made a custom binky for our special guy.

Orange and white balloons, always have to have balloons!



I made the banner for Owens high chair out of some card stock, ribbon and a hot glue gun. Super easy and cost me about 4$




I also picked up a couple frames from ARC and spray painted them to match.


I made the lips and mustaches out of hard felt and a craft stick, making all 30 only cost me 4$ also!

The whole gang!



 I really loved the frames! great 2$ spend 

Urkel!

My lovely parents

We had a blast and I really had fun making the decorations!!

Happy ONE Owen!


Im sad your parties over too.

3 comments:

Florencia said...

"Talented and original" move over Martha my daughter will be doing this for all the kids now, and other parties like her parents retirement (mine) .
I love the colors that she choose for Owen .
We all had fun and the children where happy
Congratulations Owen and Nat for doing this .

Anonymous said...

Beautiful day. You're a WONDERFUL mommy! (Love, Nana)

mel @ the larson lingo said...

So cute Nat!!!! Great job!!! Love all the details. What a fun party :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...